Wednesday 21 January 2009

John in Malaysia and NZ

Well I'm still in NZ waiting for my visa, here is what I've been up to lately:



Stopped in Malaysia on my way over to NZ, to visit Pohpoh and the rellies. This is Pohpoh's flower garden.



Here is Pohpoh buying some crud at a market.



Here is another market with big fish.


This is cousin Andrew with Pohpoh. We're having some breakfast.


This is Pohpoh at the open air market.






While in Malaysia I went and stayed with Cube's very friendly family in Kuching for a few days. Here she is squatting on her weird little seat.

This is a fountain in Kuching.




The river.




Some buildings in Kuching.


A temple.






In Kuching I went to an Orangutan sanctuary where they raise Orangutans in the wild. Apparently I was lucky to see any because at the time it was the fruit season, so they usually don't bother with the food that's given to them by the rangers.








Here's Cube at a market.


This is in NZ now. Mum, Lit and I went for a picnic near Beaumont. That's the Clutha river.




Here's Mum and Lit about to get caned by me, golfing in Balclutha. You'll note the blue sky and brilliant sunshine. Yep, good old Balclutha.



Dad strummin some tunes at Matt's flat.




Matt go crazy.



Matt and Dad dancing or something.




Group shot: Matt, me, Dad, Susan and her friend.


Group shot: Rhonda, Matt, me, Dad and Susan's friend.



Geeby and me enjoying the test cricket in Dunedin.



Me, Edsel and Matt at Queens Park in Dunners. The Morahans were having a kickaround there and Edsel happened to be walking past.




Me at Queenstown. Lake Dispute on the left and Lake Wakatipu behind.





Dad at Queenstown. I think this is 12 Mile Creek.





Me outside Sam Summers' hut.






Dad trying to wreck his knee again.





Dad and Lake Hayes.




Dad foraging through an Arrowtown rubbish bin while a bemused tourist looks on. Look how he's got his whole head inside, cool eh.
Hmmm late edit: Dad tells me he's not happy with the implications made in the above photo and caption. So here's the full story. We'd just had lunch at a pub in Arrowtown when Dad chucked his newspaper in the bin. Seconds later he remembered that he'd also been carrying his sunnies in the same hand as the paper, so he stuffed his head in the bin to try and find them. He couldn't, so he went back to the car to get a spanner, then dismantled the rubbish bin and rescued the sunnies. Mission accomplished.




Dad getting caned by me at Frankton golf course.




On the banks of the Shotover river we saw a dragonfly. It was big. But not as big as Matt's face.





Chris, Dad and Lit next to the Shotover River.




Chris, Lit and Dad overlooking the Shotover River. They're pretending not to see the UFO.




The extremely-dangerous-to-swim-in Shotover River. There's Dad and Lit being wusses on the far side.



Uh oh.



Matt and me playing footy on the other side. This was minutes before Matt lost his gruts trying to swim back to shore. Much hilarity ensued.




As you can see I'm not quite as diligent as MC when it comes to photography. But I like to think I captured the important moments. Ahhh rubbish bins and gruts. Anyway, I'll re-post with photos of our Vanuatu trip soon. It should be a bit more comprehensive cos Mum, Erin and Matt all had cameras and weren't afraid to use them. Until next time

No comments: